State of the Community Panel
Coming Through COVID – Better Together
What: State of the Community Panel, an annual event hosted by the Community Impact Council to address a topic of broad-reaching impact and interest
Who: The Community Impact Council is a coalition of nonprofit, government and business organizations that supports Mesa County’s nonprofit community through networking, training, education and advocacy.
When: October 21st , 6:00-7:30pm
Where: Virtual at MESACOUNTYLIBRARIES.ORG
- Scott Aker- Chief Operating Officer, GJ Housing Authority
- Michelle Hoy- LPC, CAC III, Executive Vice President, Mind Springs
- Dr. Crystal Owens- Chief Medical Officer, MarillacHealth
- Jose Luis Chavez- Community Organizer, The Colorado Trust
- Joy Hudak- Executive Director, Riverside Educational Center
- Alisha Wenger- Executive Director, Community Food Bank
Each year the CIC chooses a topic to explore that is relevant to our community and our membership, from the perspective of leadership from a few different vantage points in the community.
This year’s topic is “Coming Through COVID – Better Together”. We will learn about the impact of the pandemic on our community’s ability to obtain and maintain access to the basics: food, shelter, healthcare (mental and physical), environment, and education.